Sunday, September 21, 2008

"Mr. Howe tear down this wall!"

It's been as Melanie likes to call it "Extreme Yard Makeover"! We decided to replace the railroad tie retaining wall with brick/stone. I think it turned out well. It was a much more involved project than we both expected, from tearing out the old railroad ties, hauling them to the dump, digging out the yard to fit the bricks, leveling the first row, and desiging corners. I was a little sorry we decided to start it once there was no returing. I'm glad we persisted though because it looks sooo much better. Matt finished it up for the most part yesterday. What a CHAMP!! I ran a race and had some clients to see and he worked in the rain all day yesterday (For which I am forever greatful)! I wish I had some pictures of the rain yesterday because it way crazy how much came down.


Here's some before, during, and after shots!

Before

The point of no return!


The almost end result!

Since I didn't get a photo of my hard working guy out in the rain - here's some from the race (St. Lukes Women's Fitness Celebration 5K)...we looked a bit like drowned rats by the end!





9 comments:

Carolyn said...

Your fence (is that what its called?) looks so great!! Much better than before, that's for sure.

Brenny said...

The wall looks great! I love seeing project turn out well.

The race looked fun, too. Did you guys enjoy the Wyoming game the other weekend? Darren and I decided to stay at home -- sorry to have missed you!

Tammie said...

Wow! Matt is awesome! That is one huge job to do and it turned out great! So when ya coming to AZ? Our coaches are really comfortable and they're calling your names!!!

The Jackson Clan said...

like the wall tell matt good job

The Jackson Clan said...

love the wall

The Jackson Clan said...

Wow I cant wait till he gets home my foot is swollen and I cant even walk on it but whatever.

Heather said...

Your wall looks great! It looked liked a huge project. You should take some pictures of your house.

Your race looked fun. I actually love running in the rain. Despite the squishy shoes and wet clothes, it's really relaxing. You look like you're still an awesome runner.

The Jackson Clan said...

Something new please

The Jackson Clan said...

No I am not putting pics of my shoes. You should see my new ones. They arent quiet what rikki calles matress shoe. I dont need anger manegment classes, and no I dont think I am a terrist.