Saturday, October 11, 2008

Usually autumn follows summer...right?

What a wintery weekend! We got snow here in Boise...Crazy! Yeah - i'm sure most of you have already seen it (Labor Day in Wyoming!!) but it really doesn't snow here this early. A new record I believe. The weather guy said that it was going to freeze the other day, so I got busy pulling everything out of the garden. I'm a little overwhelmed with what to do with it all...and how many very large cucumbers I found out there! I'm not sure what to do with them all (suggestions???). I did try my hand at some jalapeno jelly today....but that only uses up so many....and as I picked over 50 of them off of two plants...!! It was my first try at canning ANYTHING (lame I know) so I hope the jars seal sometime:) So here's to hoping that it warms up again....I love fall! For now I guess I'll go turn my heat up!






1 comment:

Brenny said...

Yay for jalapeno jelly! We didn't have nearly as many as you did otherwise I'd be in the same spot --what do I do with these? I have a friend who said I could pickle them. My thought was, "Sure I can pickle them, but then what will I use them for? Nachos?" And I've never pickled anything before so that just seemed hard... Canning is fun, though. I'm excited to try more...