Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Good Eats!

Thought I'd share a new recipe I've tried and an old favorite!

First the new....

Big overgrown zucchini (you know the ones all your neighbors try to give you) are great for this!

Zucchini Crisp

4 C. Zucchini peeled, seeded, and chopped
1/3 C fresh lemon juice
1/2 C. + 2 T. white sugar
1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg

1 C. Flour
1 C. Oatmeal
1/2 C. Brown Sugar
6 T. Butter
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375. Coat 9x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
Place zucchini and lemon juice in a medium saucepan. Cook, covered over med. low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 15 min. or until tender. Stir in white sugar, 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, and nutmeg. Simmer one min. longer. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl combine flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Cut in the butter until mixture resembles course crumbs.
Place zucchini in prepared dish and sprinkle crumbs on top.
Bake in pre-heated oven for 30-40 min or until golden and bubbly.

Enjoy! Tastes great with ice cream, or whipped cream with carmel and cinnamon sprinkled on top. Don't forget that it isn't really apples! (I had Matt try it before I told him what it was and he totally thought it apples...very surprised to learn it was zucchini!)


Here's a link to the old favorite!

Baja Fish Tacos

Guess what's for dinner tonight??

2 comments:

Brenny said...

The zuccinni sounds SO good. I'm still waiting for my neighbors to bring me bags of it...

Is it true? Are you coming to the game this weekend? It would be fun to see you guys, even if just for a few minutes. We need to figure out a way to meet up or something...

The Jackson Clan said...

I know I am a slacker. I cant wait to see you. Are you taking me with you:) I am not showing mom this recipie.