Sunday, July 27, 2008

Starlight Mountain Theatre

I've received a few recommendations over the past few weeks to go see a show at the Starlight Mountain Theatre. So, a little spur of the moment, I got a couple of tickets for Matt and I to go watch Oklahoma. It was great! OK - maybe not Idaho Shakesphere Festival caliber - but really good nonetheless. The theatre is about an hour from Boise up in Garden Valley. It is an open air theatre and is pretty amazing how quickly that Mountain air can cool down. So...if anyone is looking for something to do one evening...I would recommend it. Nice drive...nice fresh air....fun actors...what's not to like. (Oh - the popcorn was good too!)



After the show we set out looking for a campsite. Yeah right!...Friday night at 11:00...like you're going to find one! But after a couple of tries we did! And it was the only one left! We were thinking we were all lucky (which we were) and as we were setting up our tent, a whiff from the privy let up know WHY it was the only spot left! We stayed anyway. It wasn't really THAT bad (until the sun hit it in the morning!). Ahh the results of poor planning! We were able to ride our bikes up to silver creek lookout the next day. Lots of climbing and the smoke (from California) kind of ruined the view...but it's always fun to get to the top of something! And the soak in the cool Payette was quite refreshing afterword!

So there you have it...the weekend in a nutshell:)

4 comments:

Brenny said...

The play sounds really cool -- well the play and the venue. It makes me want to check out what we have going on around here...

The campsite next to the outhouse makes me laugh. I'm impressed you guys stuck it out. I know I'd have wimped out!

Carolyn said...

You guys are such troopers. Sleeping next to the outhouse. At least it was close if you had an emergency!

The Jackson Clan said...

I agree with Carolyn, I would of gone into my happy place which is inside my hoodie with the hood sinched up. Thats were I go when Dad lets one loose.

Heather said...

Ahh...the freedom to pick up and go whenever you please. Nice! It sounds like you had a great weekend. I guess you didn't have to worry about your night blindness for the midnight potty break.