Friday, May 15, 2009

The Race is On!

Just a couple of spring treats I've found in my back yard this last week. I'm again amazed how fast the flowers (in this case the lilacs) don't seem to last. I guess you have to enjoy them why they are out! They were looking a little brown today:(

I was weed wacking the other day on the side of the house and a robin just started going nuts! She was flying all around and chirping like crazy. I looked up in the pear tree and saw the cause of her dismay....the nest. Apparently she didn't like my company! So instead of being good and leaving her be, what did I do??? Brought out a stool and had a little peak. I couldn't quite get the camera high enough from my little stool to get a full on shot of her three pretty blue eggs. I got a couple of them in the picture though!

I've been checking on it all week to see if there are little babies yet but not so. Apparently some babies like to take their time:) Which brings us to the fact that it's D Day and still no baby for us either. I guess if I were miserable it would be a big deal but since everything has been pretty great..I'm fine with this little guy taking his time to greet the world. It is a little hard to make plans though...sorry Mom!

So the race is on....which baby/babies will arrive first folks? Stay tuned...!



7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the eggs. Sorry you have to wait! He just thinks he is in charge and needs to take his time.

Anna Beal said...

Glad to hear you are feeling good. I wish I could say the same. I'm ready for my little guy to come....Yesterday :)

Melanie said...

OOOOOOHHH! A race, eh? You'll have to keep us posted. Maybe they will all have the same birthday! :)

Us said...

I LOVE that picture of the eggs! You could enter that into a contest. I know what it is like to have to wait for baby to come! Aislynn was 8 days late and that was after they induced me. I am positive that she never would have come out if she hadn't been sucked (literally) out. Was that inappropriate?! Your comment about not being miserable reminded me of my post on my due date. Unfortunately I became miserable only a few days after this post, but I think it is more knowing that something is supposed to happen and you are so anxious. Hang in there!! http://morganandelisa.blogspot.com/2008/10/still-no-baby.html

Brenny said...

Great pictures! I hope that little man makes his appearance soon...

Us said...

There is something about that first baby...I guess they are too cozy to leave. I am sorry you have to have a non stress test. Yeah, don't drink castor oil. It wasn't that bad, but it didn't help. Are you having braxton hicks at all? Have they offered to induce you? Do you want to be induced? It is such a hard decision when you don't have anything to compare it to. If you need anything, let me know 680-1131

Brenny said...

I've been waiting and waiting to watch the 'Twilight with Cheeseburger' and today I finally brought my ear phones. TOO FUNNY.

I hope everything is good with you and the baby. I can't wait to hear the news. :)