Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Probably I'm the last to know!!

We have been doing ALOT of painting lately. Between home and at my office....good colorful fun. Actually it starts to get a little old after awhile. I swear I go to home depot at least once a day and am on like a first name base with the guy at the paint counter! Not really but he probably thinks I'm nuts spending so much time picking out colors and painting supplies. Maybe I should get a part time job there so I can get an employee discount or something:)

Anyways after...."oooh oooh learning the hard way!" here's a few tips I picked up along the way.

-Spend the extra couple of bucks to get the nicer gadgets...i.e. paint brushes, power rollers, etc! Well worth the extra $$ (probably because you go back and end up buying them anyway)

-Corner tools and edgers are awesome! Instead of making due with a paint brush...cut right to the chase!

-Laugh! Especially when say a gallon of primer falls off the counter and busts open on the kitchen floor! (good thing it's in the works to replace that one...and good thing it wasn't already replaced!!)

-And my personal favorite...which everyone probably already knows, but if you don't this is awesome!! When you're finished for the day but not finished with the project, wrap your rollers and other tools in plastic wrap/plastic grocery bags so they are air tight. No need to clean them out for the day. Unwrap next time and keep truckin'...beautiful!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, it sounds like you're in the middle of a mess. I liked your tip about wrapping the roller in plastic wrap. That tip might come in handy in the next year or so. Good luck with getting it all done. I would love to see pictures.

Austin and Heather Kramer said...

Ha! Thanks for all the great tips - I can tell you went through a lot to find them out!

Carolyn said...

I didn't know that last one. That is way awesome!!

The Jackson Clan said...

Sounds like you are having so major FUN!!!!!

Brenny said...

Wrapping the rollers in plastic is something I could have know at the beginning of the week! We've been washing them every night. DOH! Great tips. I'm SO glad you hadn't replaced the kitchen floor yet...