Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Zeitgeist

I ran the Zeitgeist 1/2 marathon last Saturday. It's been on my to do list for over a year. Being preggo this time last year I didn't do it but thought it would be a good way to get back into it after Tucker's arrival. Call me crazy! I've been a runner basically forever....started track in middle school and have been running ever since. So you would think it would be no big deal to do a 1/2 but it is. I don't know why i've never done them before. I like to run but have never really cared to go much over 8ish miles....those were long days for me. So this summer i started making my 8 milers into 9s then 10s then 11s.... (well I guess I had to start less than 8 after having a baby!) So at the beginning of September I ran a 1/2 at my family reunion...a trial go of sorts. Then last Saturday I did the big daddy. We'll call it that because there are some pretty good hills! I don't know why I wanted to do this one instead of a flat half. Maybe the challenge of it all. I don't love running hills and I didn't especially love it on Saturday, but I loved being able to finish and say "I did that"! When you're out there running it's like "what am I doing" then when you finish it's like "What can I do next?" So the verdict?? I think I'll do it again! Who wants to come? And no...I don't have any marathon plans any time soon! Can't really imagine getting done with a half and thinking "great! 1/2 way done!"


Passing off my Shirt to Matt and Tucker



This guy was a stud! I never even saw him....cuz he was ahead of me!

The big hill!

Ahhh the finish! Those last two miles were tough!

3 comments:

Brenny said...

You rock!

Us said...

wow! Good for you! Seriously, so awesome!

Heather said...

I'm so proud of you! You've always been an awesome runner. You probably don't realize it, but your example got me off my lazy bones to start running too.